New Realities & Commissions

For the past six years Rixx has survived in Eve solely on the iskies that I (his player) earned by providing creative services to the Eve community. Hundreds and hundreds of projects, some big, some small, and most in-between. Alliance logos, wallpapers, t-shirts, blog banners, you name it and I've done it. Heck there are 1,203 images just in my Flickr portfolio alone. It has been a great run, a tremendous amount of fun, and a way to keep certain skills from waning during the down times.

But all good things must come to an end.

As of today I will no longer be accepting "project for isk" work. Every day I feel horrible about the increasingly long list of projects that I simply no longer have the time to address properly. And that is not fair to me or to those waiting to hear from me. I don't want to feel horrible about creative work and, most importantly, I don't want people to wait for months for me to get around to them.

So it has to end. I will continue to accept paid commission work and I have a bunch of those in progress. And I'll keep on helping Eve-NT and CZ when they need me. The Podcast will continue and everything else will remain the same. Just no more Alliance logos and other projects for iskies. Something had to give and that's it.

I would like to start logging into Eve again. I did today for twenty minutes for the first time in a month.

Onward and Upward.


PS: And work is going very well btw. More on that later.